DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Towards a quality Engineer Graduates with foundation in Electrical &Electronics Engg. Cater to globally competitive, socially sensitized, as excellence of centre in core areas.
- To offer good quality Under-Graduate programmes in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- To provide state of art resources that contribute to achieve excellence in teaching-learning processes and development activities.
- To bridge the gap between industry and academia based on industrial and societal needs.
- To provide suitable forums to enhance the creative talents of students and faculty members.
- To enable students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current times and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the faculty and students
- PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)PEO1 – CORE COMPETENCE: The graduates will have adequate knowledge in basic science, mathematics and engineering necessary to formulate, solve and analyze electrical and electronics problems.
- PEO2 – PROFESSIONALISM: The graduates will have the ability to apply engineering & management skills in their own / team projects in multidisciplinary environment, leading to successful careers and research.
- PEO3 – LIFELONG LEARNING: The graduates will have ability to engage in lifelong learning and an appreciation for professional ethical behaviour.PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
- Ability to acquire broad theoretical knowledge in basic mathematics, science and Engineering.
- Ability to apply the acquired knowledge in identifying, formulating and solving practical problems in all aspects of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Ability to apply appropriate tools to investigate, analyze, design, simulate and develop systems related to power system networks and power electronics.
- Ability to solve practical problems in basic electronics and power electronics engineering using different hardware and software platforms.
- Ability to evaluate, examine and implement advanced control techniques to electrical systems.
- Ability to design and implement hardware and software schemes involving signal sensing and processing leading to decision making in real time for engineering systems and processes.
- Ability to assess the feasibility, applicability, optimality and future scope of generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team and understand his/her scope of work and deliverables.
- Ability to understand basic financial concepts and issues in project management for a multi-disciplinary work.
- Ability to identify contemporary issues due to changing technical scenario and to update by engaging in continuous learning process.
- Ability to upgrade to higher education and research activities.
- Ability to appreciate professional, societal and environmental ethical values.
As far as, I know RVS is the college which imparts education as per the need of present competitive environment. RVS is an institution where the emphasis is given on overall development of the student with much priority to industrial visits, guest lectures, and personality development classes so that graduates can lead the world. I thank our college staffs for helping me in a effective way of learning. I am grateful for the guidance and support provided, it will always remain in my memory lane.
Online Courses – NPTEL
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EEE students visited Nippo Batteries on 03.03.2018. Students learned about LCD, LED and MCD technologies used in torches. The life time of the lamps and batteries were deeply explained to them.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Notes
|Year||Name of the subject||Name of the staff||File Location in Drive|
|III||ELECTRONIC DEVICE & CIRCUIT||N.VASANTHAKUMAR||View|
|IV||POWER SYSTEMS TRANSIENTS||N.VASANTHAKUMAR||View|
|IV||HIGH VOLTAGE ENGINEERING||N.VASANTHAKUMAR||View|
|III||DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING||T.THARANEESWARAN||View|
|IV||HUMAN RIGHTS||K R JAYAVELU||View|
|I||MATHEMATICS I||S KAVITHA||View|
|II||DIGITAL LOGIC CIRCUITS||C.CHANDRASEKHAR||View|
|IV||POWER SYSTEM OPERATION AND CONTROL||VASANTHA KUMAR.N||View|
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Syllabus